For Christmas this year, my Mom hadn’t planned on having a dessert. Since I am giving up excess processed sugars for my New Year’s resolution (no more sugary drinks or desserts… yikes!), I insisted that we have dessert on Christmas. We decided to go with a recipe that my Mom makes all of the time, the classic apple tart. This tart is easy to make and so delicious, definitely one to try!
- 1/2 Basic Flaky Tart Crust (1 crust only)
- 1 cup Frangipane
- 8 apples (Braeburn, Royal Gala, or Empire are best), peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line the pan with the dough for the crust.
- Gently spread the frangipane across the bottom of the tart crust.
- Starting at the outside, quarter apples and place in slightly overlapping concentric circles.
- Drizzle melted butter over the apples, then dust with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until crust is a deep golden brown and apples are cooked through (about 45 minutes to 1 hour). Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.