Butter Poached Lobster & Shrimp w/ Fresh Tomatoes
For my weekly cooking lesson with my mom, I killed and cooked my first lobster! We decided to make two different recipes with our lobsters. This is the first recipe we made, a very quick and simple way to cook lobster with a ton of flavor.
- 1 (3/4 lb) live lobster
- 6 raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup salted butter (cut into 1 tbsp chunks)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into large chunks)
- 3 fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, turn off heat, then add the lobster. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove all lobster meat from shell and cut into large chunks.
- In a sauce pan, bring 1 tbsp water to simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk in butter one piece at a time, letting each piece melt before adding the next. (Make sure the butter does NOT come to a boil, otherwise the butter will separate.)
- Add the lobster pieces, shrimp, basil, garlic, and tomatoes and cook on medium-high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta or rice.