First off, I want to say thank you to all my followers who voted for me in the Whole Foods Market Best Baked Breakfast contest; I WON! Winning a $75 gift card to Whole Foods was so exciting! I also have an interview on the Whole Foods blog that you can check out here. Please check out my winning Breakfast Pizza recipe!
As for these? I love enchiladas. I always get excited when I find a new enchilada or come up with my own. Do you remember the Chicken, White Bean and Chorizo Enchiladas? Those probably are still my favorite homemade enchiladas, but if you are more of a green enchilada person, this recipe is also delicious! Although I think I must say that my all-time favorite enchilada was a Spicy Ahi Enchilada at Luibueno’s in Haliewa, HI. I will try to do a restaurant review of the place soon so I can share them with you!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 can diced tomatoes (partially drained)
- 1 can white kidney beans (drained)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 (6 oz) bag baby spinach
- 1 can verde enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Bake the chicken breasts until almost cooked through (about 25 minutes), then shred the chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and sautee the onion until slightly soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add the can of tomatoes (with juices), lime juice, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stir in the chicken, spinach and drained white beans, then reduce heat to low and let simmer (about 20 minutes).
- Place the tortillas between two damp paper towels and steam in the microwave until soft (about 15 second).
- Fill each tortilla with ⅙ of mixture, wrap and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Top enchiladas with verde sauce and pepper jack cheese.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. Then remove cover and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes to finish.
- Serve with guacamole.
1 Year Ago: Ritzy Spinach Artichoke Tartlets