Wow, I feel like I have been going, going, going the past week or two. I have hardly had anytime to focus on my blog and get posts written; sorry if I haven’t been giving all of you the attention you deserve! I am working like a madman, but it is paying off! I have been training on grill and am LOVING it! Definitely need some practice but it is so exciting moving up in the kitchen finally.
This recipe was one of my home creations, another bit of creativity I had. I saw a post on Saucy Girl’s Kitchen for baked onions and I had to try them; I love onions. Of course, I didn’t feel right sitting down and just eating an entire baked onion, so I raided my pantry and this is what I came up with. This sauce is super easy and quick to make and this recipe is really healthy, not to mention DELICIOUS! Enjoy. =)
- 1 can cream of celery soup (or cream of chicken)
- 2 tsp Sriracha (or other hot sauce)
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 yellow onions (halved)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4 oz spicy italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the onions on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 375F until soft and slighty browned on top (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, heat the cream of celery soup and slowly stir in the milk, then the cheddar cheese. Heat until bubbling, then season with black pepper and parsley; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the shrimp, italian sausage, bell peppers, oregano, basil and garlic and sautee until proteins are cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- To serve, spoon ¼ of the shrimp mixture into a shallow bowl, add one baked onion half and top with the cream sauce.
1 Year Ago: Balsamic Glazed Carrots