Holy cow have I been busy! Between school and work, I am now a catering production cook for Whole Foods in Boulder, I have not had any time to cook for myself, let alone photograph recipes! I am learning so much between school and work, but I could really use some down time; there are just not enough hours in the day. One thing that has made me a bit more cheerful is the fact that it SNOWED here in Colorado last week!! The ski resorts are starting to all open and I finally get to go snowboarding for the first time after my winter in Hawaii, I can’t wait! I don’t know about you but with snow comes my craving for hot food.
I am finally feeling comfortable experimenting in the kitchen with recipes and they are finally coming out blog-worthy! Woohoo! That means more unique and exciting recipes for you all, even if it may take me a good minute to get them posted. =) I’m sure I have many foodie friends that share my addiction for chicken wings. I can’t get enough of them. Unfortunately, we can’t eat chicken wings for every meal, so my temptations urged me to create a healthier alternative, and not to mention one that is pretty enough to be served at a dinner party! Behold, my crispy baked chicken with herb Buffalo sauce. This recipe is a great money saver too if you buy a whole chicken, only about $5!, and break it down yourself. You can see my tutorial on how to do this in my last post: Fabricating a Whole Chicken (A How-To). This recipe is great served with Oven Roasted Potatoes, recipe here.
Crispy Baked Chicken w/ Herb Buffalo Sauce
Recipe type: Main
- 1 whole chicken, cut into quarters, skin on (2 thigh/leg pieces & 2 breast/wing pieces)
- 1 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp thyme, minced
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Combine 1 tbsp minced parsley and 1 tbsp minced thyme and rub evenly under the skin of each piece of chicken.
- Season the outside of each piece with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400F until cooked through (165F internal temp), about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, heat the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the onions and garlic; saute until tender (3 min).
- Add the cherry tomatoes and 1 tbsp each of the parsley and thyme. Toss with veggies and saute until tomatoes begin to soften (3 min).
- Add 1 cup Buffalo sauce and toss.
- Add ½ cup chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and let cook an additional 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sauce over plate and top with crispy chicken. Serve with oven roasted potatoes (see post for recipe link).
1 Year Ago: Soft Boiled Egg Bagel Sandwich