I woke up to over a foot of snow in Boulder yesterday, good thing we harvested all of our veggies earlier this week! If you are from Colorado, you know that the first snow does not mean that winter is here; instead, it means that all of your trees are breaking and your garden is ruined, but you still have a 75 degree day coming later that week. Either way, I can say that I am pretty excited about the snow and very pleased with my garden for the summer.
This was my first summer with my own garden and it was awesome! I started with tiny little plants and ended with huge ones. Our cucumber, eggplant, pea and bell pepper plants died but our tomatoes, zucchini, spaghetti squash, pepperoncinis, lettuce and herbs made up for it!
We had 9 heirloom tomato plants that were so delicious, even though a lot of the tomatoes never turned and we now have tons of green tomatoes in a bag with a banana to ripen. Our zucchinis grew into sasquaches, one weighing over 9 lbs! Of course, I loved being able to pick fresh herbs all summer too.
If you remember my post earlier this summer about Muir Glen Organic tomatoes, they also had an awesome harvest this year, which means lots of delicious tomatoes picked, then canned in less than 8 hours! The photos below are from their Reserve Harvest in Yolo County. PLUS, they are going to share some of their goodness with one lucky winner this week! The winner of this giveaway will win one Reserve Kit from Muir Glen Organics.
Leave a comment below letting me know when you have done one of the following (separate comments for each!):
- Tell me why you would love to have some fresh canned tomato product for the cold coming up! (or warm if you live in a warm place)
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Become a fan on Facebook (include your Facebook name that you are using).
- Follow me on StumbleUpon.
- Stumble this giveaway.
- Tweet about this giveaway (use @jennymo57 in the tweet).
- Get your friends to enter (Leave a comment telling me each friend who you referred, I will check for validation).
- Browse my other posts and comment on them =) (Leave a comment here though so I know you did)
I will pick a winner on Thursday, November 3rd. Good luck!