Featured Foodie Friday: QlinArt
Just a quick Hawaii update before I introduce our awesome guest blogger for today. I have finally moved in and (I think) got everything I need- i.e. bedding, my sweet air mattress, a bike, a surfboard, staples- after spending almost all the money I had to get me on my feet. Keep your fingers crossed for my stage at Morimoto Waikiki tomorrow night! It is so great here, everyone seems super nice and the weather WAY beats Colorado’s freezing winter! Although I will admit I’ve got quite the sunburn at the moment, that’s OK though. As for our guest blogger today, I would like to introduce you to Quynh from QlinArt whose blog is perfect for today, because much of the food here in Hawaii also has a lot of Asian influence. She has quite a cool background and not-to-mention awesome photography, so check her out:
Spicy, Creamy Green Lentil Casserole
Spicy Creamy Green Lentil Casserole
- 19 oz pre-cooked canned green lentils unsalted if available or 3 cups dry green lentils cooked in 6 cups boiling water for about 15 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp red chill paste
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream I used 15% cream
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic butter optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- Heat large sauce pan on medium high and add olive oil.
- Stir in immediately the tomato paste, chili paste, ground turmeric, ground Garam Masala for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the lentils and stir well for about 3 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Turn off heat, pour in the cream and stir for about 1 minute, cover and let it sit.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (optional).
- Sprinkle chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with steamed white Basmati rice.