It is interesting to me how quickly my brain can shift my food preferences throughout the day. Each day, sometimes even each hour, I feel like I am changing my mind about what would be good to eat. For those days when you want something sweet for dinner, a honey barbecue glaze is perfect. I think I have come up with a tasty honey barbecue glaze recipe that can easily be tweaked to suit any personal preference; I am looking forward to experimenting with it too! This recipe is great for weeknights, when you do not have much time for dinner. It goes great with Oven Roasted Potatoes as well!
Honey Barbecue Chicken Strips
- olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour (or gluten-free flour!)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 oz oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon
- Combine the honey, ketchup, 2 oz oil, vinegar, Sriracha, worcestershire, garlic, and juice of the lemon. Pour into plastic wear, cover, and shake. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine the paprika, lemon pepper, garlic powder, black pepper, and flour in a small bowl.
- Slice chicken breasts into 3/4 inch strips and coat with seasoning mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat and fry the chicken strips until cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Place chicken strips in a bowl and toss with the barbecue glaze to cover completely.