After taking a break for January to get the New Year in order, Secret Recipe Club is back in action! If you do not already know, Secret Recipe Club is a fun group of bloggers who are assigned a fellow blogger each month (secretly) and chose one recipe from their blogger’s site to recreate for reveal day. I have met many awesome bloggers through this club and love browsing and trying their recipes!
This month I was assigned to Canela Kitchen. The first thing I noticed was that Gloria had a quote from Thick Nhat Hanh on the sidebar of her blog- someone who I LOVE and find very inspirational- so she was immediately on my good side. What made me even more excited? She was from Chile! I knew I would find some exciting ethnic recipe ideas on her site.
After trying to pick between her Polenta Tart, Chicken Tarts and Artichoke & Chicken Lasagna Rolls, I decided to go with these- Papas Rellenas Al Horno. Her recipe was a baked version of a typically fried Chilean dish. For my recipe, I ended up having to add much more flour than her recipe called for. I am not sure if this was because I kind of winged measuring the potatoes or what. Either way, if your dough seems like it needs more flour, just add until it is manageable. These were delicious little pockets, although I don’t really know if I can call them little because I made mine much larger than they were supposed to be. Overall, I was very happy to have Gloria’s blog and am looking forward to following her in the future!
- 2.2 lb (1 kg) potatoes
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 200 g ground turkey meat (cooked)
- 200 g spinach (blanched)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Boil and mash the potatoes.
- Add the eggs yolks, flour, salt and chives. Mix well to create a dough.
- Portion the dough into small ovals. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the cooked turkey meat and spinach to form a paste. Season to taste with salt.
- With this mixture fill the potato ovals while keeping an oval shape.
- Brush the potatoes with eggwash and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375F until browned (20-30 minutes).
- Serve with a green salad or tomatoes.
1 Year Ago: Sausage, Potato & Cheddar Waffles