I am sure many of you have been wondering where I have been. No, I did not drown or get eaten by a tiger shark. No, I did not move away to a remote village with no internet. No, I did not abandon my blog. I know it is shocking that none of these things happened. Here is what has actually been up.
First, I quit my job at Morimoto. Yes, I am happy about my decision. I decided that I didn’t want to be in the chaos of a kitchen that was constantly losing employees and chefs. Instead, I am starting a new job with a health-conscious kitchen that I think will allow me to work more closely with the chef.
Second, I am going through a quarter-life crisis. I am sure you all know about these. The point in your life when you question every choice you have made. I have even been second guessing culinary school. After about a week of chaos and phonecalls home, I have decided that I am still going to go to culinary school, but to Escoffier in Boulder, CO instead of Johnson & Wales. This new program focuses more on farm to table and sustainable food, which is right up my alley. Oh, did I mention that it also hosts a trip to France?!
So, with all this chaos, I haven’t been cooking at home or posting recipes for you all. To show you that I still love you all, I am hosting a giveaway with our good friends Muir Glen Organics. I am sure you remember their delicious tomato giveaways last year? And those delicious grilled pizzas?
I’m not sure about you, but I am so ready for the summertime. I know I am in Hawaii, but I am still craving the summertime attitude and all the fresh summer veggies! Muir Glen knows how excited we all are for summer, so they want to give us a little taste of last summers harvest with their 2011 Reserve Kit giveaway!
How to enter:
Leave a comment below letting me know when you have done one of the following (separate comments for each!):
- Tell me your favorite thing about summer or what you would make with the fresh tomatoes!
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Become a fan on Facebook (include your Facebook name that you are using).
- Follow me on StumbleUpon.
- Stumble this giveaway.
- Tweet about this giveaway (use @savourthesenses in the tweet).
- Add me on Google+.
- Share this on Google+. (Use +Jenny Morris)
- Get your friends to enter (Leave a comment telling me each friend who you referred, I will check for validation).
- Get your friends to like my Facebook (Leave a comment telling me each friend who you referred, I will check for validation).
- Get your friends to follow me on stumble upon (Leave a comment telling me each friend who you referred, I will check for validation).
- Browse my other posts and comment on them =) (Leave a comment here though so I know you did.)
I will pick a winner one week from today on Friday April 27th. Good luck!
1 Year Ago: Cafe Rio Pork (365 Days of Slow Cooking)