One thing I love about summertime is the Farmer’s Market. During my last visit to the farmers market, I got these delicious heirloom tomatoes and Palisade Peaches (some of the best peaches in Colorado!). I knew I had to make something delicious with them. If you have never eaten an heirloom tomato, I highly suggest that you get on it! They are so delicious and not to mention super cool looking! I love just looking at all the different heirloom tomatoes in the bunch.
This recipe is great for summertime because the tomatoes and peaches are in season and so delicious. Hurry and get some of your own before summer is over! The sweet peaches mixed with the sweet and tangy tomatoes make a great topping for salmon. What makes this even better? It is super healthy too!
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ lb fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 fresh peaches (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Combine the garlic, curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl, then rub over each salmon filet.
- Place the salmon on a greased baking sheet and bake at 450F until cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, peaches and thyme and continue to sauté until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Spoon the compote over each piece of salmon before serving.