Snickerdoodle Cupcakes & Cookies
I am not sure what all of your new years resolutions are, but I hope they don’t involve cutting out sweets because I have so many delicious sweet recipes to post in the next couple of weeks! If you are taking the bold step and trying to cut out sweets, I will have plenty of healthier recipes coming up too, so you are safe but I would still encourage you to try to the sweets!
This semester I promised my photography professor that I would bake him something and I was told by his roommate that he loved snickerdoodles. So, natually, I wanted to make him something a little bit more unique than just your average cookie; I decided to go with a snickerdoodle cupcake instead! The little cookies were great when dipped through the frosting and the cupcakes were so addicting! I wish I could have posted this recipe before Christmas, but there is still time to make these for New Years! Click on this Stuffed Cookie Dough Cupcake post for the frosting recipe.
- 18 each miniature snickerdoodle cookies see recipe below
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 each eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 c Buttercream frosting see link in post for recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350F. If using cupcake wrappers, fill cupcake trays with 18 liners.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar at a medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixer bowl one at a time until well combined.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl, then alternate with half the milk, repeating until all of the milk and dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon the batter in to the cupcake tray (I like to use an ice cream scoop) until each is 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350F until cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove the cupcakes from the trays and let cool before frosting.
- Garnish with one miniature snickerdoodle before serving.
If you need a snickerdoodle recipe as well here is one that makes deliciously soft snickerdoodles from Food.com:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix butter, 3/4 cup sugar and eggs in a large bowl until well combined.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until dough forms.
- Chill the dough in a refrigerator (about 15 minutes).
- In another small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into the desired size and roll in the cinnamon sugar until covered (remember to make miniature cookies, about 1/2" dough balls if you are using them for the cupcakes).
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes (no more or you will have rocks for cookies!)
- Remove from the tray and let cool on counter.