Since I began blogging, less than a year ago, I have been following a blog called EFC Cooking on Tumblr. It is a great blog for East, Fast and Cheap recipes for any occasion. This past fall I stumbled across this recipe on the EFC blog.
These muffins are so simple, but so addicting. They are really just plain muffins dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar, but what could be better than butter and cinnamon sugar?! These are a quick way to become everybody’s new best friend at a party or hang out.
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- ½ cup melted butter (applesauce or oil works too)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Put cups in 12-muffin cup pan.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt all at once and stir just until flour is moistened. (Batter will be lumpy; do not over stir.)
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Bake until golden brown (16 to 20 minutes).
- Immediately remove from pan and carefully roll hot muffin tops in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm!