After my last post I got a message from my mom asking if I really ate spinach artichoke dip for dinner. The answer is yes, sorry Mom I know it’s not healthy but sometimes you just need to indulge your cravings. So apparently spinach artichoke dip is not OK for dinner… unless you turn it into a savory vegetable tart! So here it is, dip for dinner plus another zucchini recipe for all of you drowning in zucchini at the moment; for all of you, there are quite a few zucchini recipes coming up this next week, so grab all those overgrown zucchinis from you garden and get ready.
As for the tart, I had an extra pie crust that had been in my fridge forever, plus my never ending supply of garden zucchini, so I decided to use the spinach artichoke dip as a “sauce” kind of to go underneath the zucchini slices for the tart. I am really happy about this creation; for one, it is delicious, and two, it makes eating spinach artichoke dip for dinner OK! This tart is savory, with spinach artichoke dip, zucchini and spinach. You can add other veggies if you wish, or meat, etc. Here are links to the two recipes you might need for this:
- 1 cup spinach-artichoke dip (see previous post for recipe)
- 1 pie crust (see post for recipe)
- 1 zucchini (cut into wedges)
- 2 oz frozen spinach
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lay the dough out across a 10" tart pan.
- Spread the spinach-artichoke dip across the dough.
- Lay the zucchini slices out in a circular pattern until the entire tart is covered.
- Sprinkle the spinach over the top and season with garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake at 400F until crust is golden and zucchini is soft (about 30-45 minutes).