Pork Mee Goreng Recipe
Pulled pork takes this Mee Goreng recipe to the next level. This authentic Indonesian noodle dish was one of my favorites while I was volunteering in Bali!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 packages Ramen Noodles
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 c Green Beans Cut into 1" Pieces
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil Divided (1 for sauce, 1 for sauteeing)
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Miso
- 1 tbsp Ginger Finely Minced
- 1 tsp Garlic Finely Minced
- 1/2 tbsp Sambal Olek Optional (Based on Desired Spice Level)
- 1/2 lb Pulled Pork Or Thinly slices Pork Steaks
- 1/4 c Scallions Finely Chopped
- 1 ea Lime Cut into Wedges
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the ramen noodles until al dente (still slightly tough). The noodles will keep cooking when you saute, so be careful to not overcook.
In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil and 1 tbsp canola oil over medium-high heat.
Saute the green beans for 2-3 minutes, then add the ramen noodles and toss to combine.
Combine tamari, honey, miso, ginger, garlic and remaining sesame oil. If you enjoy spice, also add 1/2 tablespoon of Sambal Olek, or 1 teaspoon if you want just a little spice. Mix well, and toss into the noodles until they are evenly coated.
Add the pulled pork to the skillet and cook on medium-high until the sauce has thickened and noodles begin to get crispy spots, only flipping occasionally.
Garnish with scallions and lime wedges to serve.