Pulled Pork Mee Goreng
Mee Goreng holds a special place in my heart. It (and Nasi Goreng) reminds me of my time volunteering at the Turtle Conservation Center on Nusa Penida off the coast of Bali. Though most of our meals were Nasi Goreng, it was always a treat to have the Mee Goreng, with noodles instead of rice!
This version of Mee Goreng combines delicious and tender pulled pork with bright green beans and ramen noodles to re-create the magical dish. A word of caution for those who don’t like spice, the Sambal Olek packs a punch – You can always add more, so proceed with caution. I am always a fan of new or alternatives ways to use ramen noodles and this might be one of my favorites!
Pork Mee Goreng Recipe
- 2 packages Ramen Noodles
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 c Green Beans Cut into 1" Pieces
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil Divided (1 for sauce, 1 for sauteeing)
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Miso
- 1 tbsp Ginger Finely Minced
- 1 tsp Garlic Finely Minced
- 1/2 tbsp Sambal Olek Optional (Based on Desired Spice Level)
- 1/2 lb Pulled Pork Or Thinly slices Pork Steaks
- 1/4 c Scallions Finely Chopped
- 1 ea Lime Cut into Wedges
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the ramen noodles until al dente (still slightly tough). The noodles will keep cooking when you saute, so be careful to not overcook.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil and 1 tbsp canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the green beans for 2-3 minutes, then add the ramen noodles and toss to combine.
- Combine tamari, honey, miso, ginger, garlic and remaining sesame oil. If you enjoy spice, also add 1/2 tablespoon of Sambal Olek, or 1 teaspoon if you want just a little spice. Mix well, and toss into the noodles until they are evenly coated.
- Add the pulled pork to the skillet and cook on medium-high until the sauce has thickened and noodles begin to get crispy spots, only flipping occasionally.
- Garnish with scallions and lime wedges to serve.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (336)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)