It has been a rough past few days for me. On Friday I went swimming off one of the piers near Waikiki; while climbing up the rocks to get out, I slipped and stepped on Wana, a Hawaiian sea urchin. Let me tell you, you do NOT want to come in contact with a sea urchin. Ever. I had probably over 40 spines in my big toe and second toe. A nice local man helped me pull a lot of them out, but I still had a dozen or more that had broken off in my toes. After missing two days of work and spending the weekend soaking my foot in vinegar they are still not completely out or healed. Not to mention I also got almost 20 mosquito bites Friday as well…. Even in Hawaii, life is not always perfect.
Although, on a more positive note I am happy to share with you the easiest, most delicious fish tacos ever. OK maybe not ever, but these are seriously good. You remember my Secret Recipe Club post for the Mango Avocado Salsa? Well here it is in action. I couldn’t think of a better recipe to use this salsa in. Enjoy the spring weather with these fish tacos and big ol’ margarita; I know I will be.
- 2 (6 oz.) swordfish filets (cut into strips)
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 5" corn tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce (thinly chopped)
- 1 cup Mango Avocado Salsa (see post for recipe)
- Combine all the spices in a bowl, then coat the swordfish pieces with mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the seasoned fish until cooked through (about 5-8 minutes).
- Steam the tortillas until soft.
- Fill tortillas with fish, lettuce and salsa to serve.
1 Year Ago: Bison Chili Cheese Dogs