Featured Foodie Friday: Go Bake Yourself
I have had a serious sweet tooth lately, I don’t know what it is! I have always been the salt lover, the potato chip snacker, the second appetizer eater but dessert skipper… but now something strange has been happpening. I have been craving sweets all the time! I have recently become addicted to fudge popsicles and have found myself eating up to three in a night. Along with my new sweet addiction I have none other than the Choc Chip Uru from Go Bake Yourself, here with a sinfully sweet coffee, brown butter, dark chocolate chip cookie cake.
Coffee, Brown Butter, Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
I am a 16 year old student who has an obsession with all things sweet. Whether it be cookies or cakes or brownies, I will be there for you with a knife and fork my hands ready to dig in!
Known as Choc Chip Uru online, my blog Go Bake Yourself is all about expressing and creatively twisting sweet (especially chocolate!) recipes to suit each individual taste!
I also love writing back drop stories and adding quotes from random songs, books and movies to my posts – Entertainment is just as important to me as the recipe itself.
My Signature Icon
Because you can see my full story here and I know you are here to see the premier after I launched my promotional campaign, let me get straight to it – Thank you so much Jenny for presenting me with the opportunity to do my first. ever. guest. post. Let’s start!
“And here we are, ladies and gents, finally at the culinary premier of the long awaited dessert!
The reviews so far have all been positive, getting hits up in the nines and even tens, and now the fans are positively screaming with anticipation!
And here unrolling, the silicon mats, I can see the ingredients coming out, looking their tastiest all ready to see the recipe they made together. Whoa, looks like someone tried to take a bite of the chocolate chip! The photographers are going crazy! What an event, what a night and what a decadent dish this will be!
Ladies, Gentlemen, thank you very much for coming tonight!/
Now, I can finally reveal that this dish is a, what we feel, magnificent take on the famed Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake – It has been completely transformed from inspired writer lemonpi’s wonderful recipe courtesy of the original geniuses, David Guas & Raquel Pelzel in their world famous ‘Dam Good Sweet’
I give you the official Coffee Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake!
[applause and murmuring]
Yes, that’s right, I give you a recipe for something soft, chewy and utterly decadent containing the best of the flavours melding into one indulgent dessert. We have the caramelised nutty taste from the brown butter which is accentuated by the wonderful sister ingredients, dark and light brown sugar!
Coffee essence then makes a bold entrance with the reliable egg but this is quite a mature section so for the enjoyment of the underage, we have substituted the wonderfully awarded ingredient, Vanilla instead for some copies of this cake!
Top this cooled cake off then with a sultry dark hot caramel chocolate fudge sauce and sprinkle with delectable ingredient, Hershey’s caramel kisses, we have a winner for sure.
Soft, chewy but thick and cakey, this has it all and will be enjoyed by all discerning tastebuds. Without further ado madams and sirs, I give you to this creation! Enjoy!
Coffee Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 1/2 cup 113g butter
- 1 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips if you want a very sweet cake, milk chocolate can be substituted
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp coffee essence a strong overpowering ingredient – substitute with another 1 tsp vanilla essence if child friendly version desired
- 1 large egg approximately 60g
- chocolate caramel hot fudge sauce recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 350F (170C).
- Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin
- Brown Butter: In a large saucepan, let butter melt on medium high heat, stirring occasionally. It will look like its splitting with white flecks all around but that will soon turn into foam. Once foaming keep stirring until the first hint of brown appears and mixture turns nutty, immediately remove from heat
- Let brown butter sit for 5 minutes and cool slightly
- Using an electric mixer, beat in sugars
- Blend in the egg and essences, beating well after each addition – the mixture is very brown at this point and looks like it has chocolate in it
- Sift in plain flour and baking powder
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the wet until only a few streaks remain
- Add in the chocolate chips
- Stir until well combined but do NOT over-stir – it will be a very thick batter
- Spoon batter into cake tin, spread and smooth top
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the edges are puffy, on the slightly firmer side and lightly browned (the centre will look all crackly and undone but that is similar to a brownie crust that forms)
- Let cool in oven for 10 minutes with door ajar (prevents sinking)n – the smell is intoxicating
- Let cool to room temperature before releasing. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving on a platter and decorating with sauce and mini kisses.
- To serve, turn out cookie cake onto a platter.
- Slather in hot fudge sauce according to how you wish.
- Top and decorate with mini caramel chocolates.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until chocolate has set.
- Store at room temperature if weather is fine (otherwise in fridge) and let come to room temperature before serving.
- EAT IT!
Chocolate Caramel Hot Fudge Sauce
Source: An original recipe by Choc Chip Uru
- 100g dark/dark and milk combo chocolate, cut into chunks
- 8-9 small chewy caramels
- 2 tbs (28g) butter
- Over low heat, gradually melt all ingredients together in a saucepan
- Let sit for 5 minutes before filling a squeezy bottle
- Use to decorate/squeeze straight into mouth
Thanks so much Choc Chip Uru! This sounds like a delicious chocolate lovers dessert, perfect for Valentine’s Day too! If you or somebody you know would like to be a part of Featured Foodie Friday please e-mail me at savourthesenses (at) gmail (dot) com and we can get you scheduled!
1 Year Ago: Beef Goulash