After hearing about my plan to eat healthier, many of you voiced your desires for me to continue posting my comfort food posts. As much as I would love to be able to eat like that every day and not gain a hundred pounds, I can’t; but there is no need to worry! I stand before you with a recipe to prove that healthy can be just as delicious as all of my comfort food recipes.
This recipe is filled with nutritious vegetables and healthy fish, no cheese or empty carbs here, but I can guarantee that it has more flavor than most meals. I chose not to eat a starch with this meal, but it would go very well with a jasmine rice or white rice. The vinaigrette adds a delicious citrusy bang to the vegetables and fish.
Also!– I am happy to announced that there is finally a print button for my posts. Sorry it took me so long to figure out how to do that! You can find a button at the bottom right of each post, hope this helps you try my recipes more easily. =)
Seared Mahi Mahi and Vegetable Medley with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 2 filets Mahi Mahi
- 1/4 lb asparagus (cut in half)
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 roasted red pepper (sliced)
- 1/4 yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 roma tomatoes (cubed)
- salt & pepper
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (minced)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice and garlic. Then, add the basil and slowly whisk in the oil until the dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper).
- Heat some oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, then add the asparagus, zucchini and onion and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the roasted red pepper and tomatoes and sauté until heated (about 2 minutes).
- In a separate pan, season (with salt and pepper) and sear the Mahi Mahi over medium-high heat until cooked through (about 3 minutes per side).
- To serve, place one filet of fish on each plate, cover with the vegetable medley, and drizzle with lemon basil vinaigrette.