Do any of you have that one (or two or three) food that you crave CONSTANTLY?! I have two, pizza and cheese. I could eat pizza anytime, anywhere. Lately all I have been thinking about it pizza, but for some odd reason I went a really long time without having any. As you could imagine, I was stoked when I walked into Morimoto a few days ago for work to find out that staff meal that day was focaccia pizza! Even after eating more than my fair share of staff meal, I still am craving pizza, so naturally I want to share one of my newest pizza creations with you to feed my craving.
This pizza is not your average pizza. It has a bit of a sweeter taste to it, but still has the salty, cheesy flavors of normal pizza. I LOVE this combination- pears, goat cheese and pistachios. Goat cheese is a great pair for fruit, pistachios are a great pair for goat cheese, so naturally they are also a great pair for fruit. If you like exciting new flavors and combinations, I highly recommend you try this pizza.
- 1 pizza crust
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup pistachios (crushed)
- 6 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
- 2 pears (thinly sliced)
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Roll out pizza dough into a circle and spread olive oil over the surface.
- Season the dough with the oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Layer the red onion, pistachios and goat cheese evenly across the surface.
- Next, layer the pear slices in a clockwise motion until pizza is covered.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top and bake at 425F until crisp (about 10-15 minutes)