The cool air is finally sweeping across Colorado. Friends in the mountains said it was even snowing at the tops of the mountains! It is kind of a relief after the hot summer we had. Even with the cool weather, my garden is still overflowing with zucchinis. Other gardens are overflowing with eggplants, so of course I am continuing to add to my long list of zucchini recipes; and some eggplant ones as well.
This is an easy recipe to make in advance, then just pop in the oven when you want to eat it. The veggies make it healthier than a normal lasagna, plus add great flavor! Now is the perfect time to get delicious, in season zucchini and eggplant for your meal.
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced)
- 1 medium eggplant (sliced)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ package lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions.
- Spread a light layer of marinara sauce across a 8x11 casserole dish, then layer with noodles, marinara sauce, cheese and zucchini. Repeat with a layer of eggplant, then top with cheese.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper and oregano.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375F until cooked through (about 30 minutes).