Last weekend, I finally went snowboarding for the first time in SEVEN MONTHS! It got me thinking, has it really been seven months since I left for Africa? On top of that it has already been over a month since I left for Italy! It is kind of scary how fast my last semester of college is going. It is a bit bittersweet though, I can’t believe I am graduating, but so excited to move to Hawaii for eight months! I am still looking for a job, but hopefully will find one before I go! I know I promised to share a few recipes from my Italy trip, so here is the first one. Easy, but one of my favorites.
One of the most important things I learned in Italy was to cook with less oil and finish with raw oil instead. This is an easy recipe, but probably one of my favorites from the trip. I have made this multiple times already in the last month. I usually don’t use mint unless it is for a dessert, but this combination of citrus and mint is so unique and tasty. You don’t need to add and oil while grilling the zucchini, which makes it even healthier. Also, the longer you let the grilled zucchini marinate, the stronger the flavors.
- 1 large zucchini (peeled & cut into strips)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 gloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh mint (torn)
- 2 lemons (juice only)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Turn grill to medium-high and slice zucchini.
- Grill zucchini until soft with nice grill marks (about 5-10 minutes per side).
- While zucchini is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and let flavors combine.
- Toss cooked zucchini in with the olive oil mixture and let marinate before serving (10 minutes up to overnight if refrigerated).