You know those nights when you are trying to figure out what you want for dinner but just can’t decide? Then you also probably know those nights when you can’t decide because all you really want for dinner is something ridiculous… like spinach artichoke dip. That is exactly what happened to me last week. I couldn’t decide what to make, but I was craving spinach artichoke dip SO bad… so I decided I was having spinach artichoke dip and pita chips for dinner. Hey at least there are veggies in it right?
I’m sure all of you have have spinach artichoke dip, but if you haven’t you need to make this recipe IMMEDIATELY! Spinach artichoke dip is probably one of the best dips/appetizers out there. Cheesy, salty, delicious- plus it has veggies! If you always have wanted to make your own but never knew a good recipe you can quit your worrying because here is a delicious spinach artichoke dip recipe for your books.
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese (divided)
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 oz artichoke hearts (canned or frozen and thawed)
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- ½ (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine all of the ingredients except ¼ cup Parmesan in a large bowl. Mix well to evenly combine.
- Transfer the dip to a large baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with pita chips.