We all have those nights where we don’t want to make a complex recipe for dinner. We just want three things- a meat, a starch and a veggie. The problem I have with that meal is that it ends up being so bland! This Thursday’s throwback recipe is an easy way to dress up your chicken for those kind of nights and give your dinner an original taste.
I would like to thank Picky Palate for introducing me to this recipe last fall so that I can talk about it today and pass it onto you! This recipe combines delicious bruschetta with chicken and cheese to give you a brand new type of baked chicken breast.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp of salt
- cup & 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 roma tomatoes (seeded & diced)
- 8 fresh basil leaves (stacked, rolled & thinly sliced into chiffonade)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl. Marinade the chicken in balsamic mixture for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish, pour half of the mixture over the meat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375F until chicken is cooked through (about 30 minutes), occasionally spooning the balsamic mixture back over the chicken.
- During the last 2 minutes of baking, place 2 slices of cheese over the top of each chicken breast to melt.
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, a pinch of salt and remaining balsamic. Toss gently to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts on plates, top with tomato mixture and serve.