Chicken Breasts w/ Roasted Red Peppers
December 15, 2010 0 comments Article Main Course, Meat, Recipes
It is that time of the year again… no not the holidays, the time when everybody you know is broke, waiting for their paycheck or other form of money to come in. A few friends and I wanted to make dinner together, but could not afford an extravagant meal this time. There are so many ways to dress up an ordinary chicken breast. This recipe (originally found on MyRecipes) is perfect for those days right before your paycheck comes in, costing less than $2 per serving!
Chicken Breasts with Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 or 3 red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- Heat oven to broil.
- Slice red peppers in half and remove the insides. Place peppers on a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until skin is black.
- Remove peppers from the oven and peel off the skins. Slice into thin strips and set aside.
- Pound each chicken breast to an even 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and coat both sides with flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until golden on both sides and cooked through (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Transfer to a plate and cover. Repeat for each breast.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and saute the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the peppers and saute for an additional minute, then add the broth, vinegar, and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat, stir in butter and parsley.
- Once butter has completely melted, pour sauce over chicken and serve.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Appetizers (48)
- Bread (1)
- Breakfast (28)
- Dessert (41)
- Drinks (12)
- Fruit (35)
- Lunch (90)
- Main Course (179)
- Meat (108)
- Salad (12)
- Sauces (69)
- Seafood (56)
- Side Dishes (54)
- Snacks (37)
- Soup (29)
- Vegetables (105)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)
appetizer asian asparagus avocado baked baking basil beef bread breakfast carrot cheese chicken cilantro dessert dinner easy fish garlic guest post healthy italian lemon lime mexican onion pasta pork potato quick recipe red pepper rice salmon sauce seafood shrimp soup spicy spinach sweet throwback thursday tomato vegetarian zucchini
Leave a Reply