Pork Involtini w/ Apples & White Bean Spread
This week I finally had a chance to go home and visit my family, and see my brother’s new American Bulldog/Boxer puppy! For me, visit home now consists of doing many loads of laundry (four huge loads this time), cooking with my mom, and playing pool with my dad. This week was especially exciting for me; my mom gave me a lighting kit! Hopefully now my little, yellow-tinted apartment will be easier to photograph my food in. =)
Involtini is great because it gives the cook room to be creative. You can fill involtini with pretty much whatever you desire. We chose a garlic white bean dip that my mom had made for a previous appetizer and added a classic match for pork, apples. This dish was great serves with swiss chard and wild rice.
Pork Involtini with Apples and White Bean Spread
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- 2 gala apples (finely chopped)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
For the White Bean Spread:
- 1 can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Pound each pork chop until 1/2-inch thick (be careful not to break through the slices). Season each piece of meat and place all four pieces in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the white bean spread and process in the food processor. Slowly add water until the mixture begins to have a hummus-like texture (about 2-4 tbsp).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay one piece of meat on a cutting board and cover with a layer of the white bean dip, a layer of the chopped apples, and a layer of mozzarella.
- Repeat for each piece of meat.
- Gently roll each piece, making sure to keep all of the fillings inside, and place seam-side down in a greased casserole dish.
- Season with salt and pepper, then bake at 350F until meat is cooked through (about 30 minutes).
- Remove the dish from the oven, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)