Spiced Carrot Fritters
Looking for a vegetarian appetizer that will wow your guests? Look no further than these Crunchy Curry Spiced Carrot Fritters!
Full of flavor and textures, these fritters are perfect for any party. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make – simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, form into small patties, and fry until golden brown. So delicious, no one will guess they’re good for you too!
The Key to Crispy Fritters
The key to a crispy fritter is in the frying. The oil should be hot enough, but not too hot so that it will burn before the batter cooks all the way through. If you’re using cold oil, your best bet is to heat up the pan before adding any butter or oil.
A yogurt dipping sauce is a perfect complement to these carrot fritters. The cool and creamy texture of yogurt pairs wonderfully with the crispy and slightly spicy flavor of the curried carrots.
Simply mix together 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons of diced cucumber, 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve alongside your carrot fritters for a delicious and healthy appetizer!
See below for the full carrot fritter recipe. Enjoy!
Crunchy Curry Spiced Carrot Fritters with Lemon-Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb carrots about 5 cups, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour or your favorite gluten-free flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter + more as needed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil + more as needed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Toss the carrots with 3/4 tsp salt and let drain in a strainer for 15 minutes; press to squeeze out any excess water.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then add the carrots, flour, garlic, curry powder, 3/4 tsp salt, and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp each of butter and vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until melted. Scoop four 1/3 cup scoops of the batter into the skillet, and flatten each with a spatula (about 1/2″ thick). Cook until the bottom of the fritters are golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook about 3 minutes more, but be careful to not burn the fritters. Transfer to paper towels to absord extra oil. Wipe the skillet and repeat until all the batter is used up.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil into the yogurt.
- Serve fritter warm with the yogurt dipping sauce.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (337)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)