Stuffed Cupcakes w/ Homemade Buttercream Frosting
It was recently one of my best friend, Kevin’s, 21st birthday. We have been friends since the 6th grade, so I felt the need to bake him very special birthday treats! I don’t really like to mess with all sorts of baking flour, so I just bought packaged cupcake mix. I think that you can still get creative by making your own frosting and adding your own twist to cupcakes- such as filling them with little tasty surprises like cookie dough and raspberries!
These cupcakes were devil’s food cupcakes with a homemade buttercream frosting that is to die for. For an extra treat, I cut out a small circle of each and filled half of the cupcakes with cookie dough and the other half with raspberries and strawberry syrup. These cupcakes are easy to make for those of you who don’t feel that you are a baking expert, but still are a bit above your average cupcake.
Cookie Dough & Raspberry Stuffed Cupcakes w/ Buttercream Frosting
- 1 package devil's food cupcake mix & needed ingredients I used Pillsbury
- 1 cup butter lightly salted
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tube chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 36 fresh raspberries
- 4 tbsp Hershey's strawberry syrup
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- red sprinkles
- Bake the cupcakes according to the packaging and leave to cool completely.
- For the frosting, using a mixer (use the paddle attachment if you own one), cream the butter until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Slowly add the sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl, a little at a time.
- After all of the sugar is added, add the vanilla and continue beating until the icing is smooth and light (icing may appear dry).
- Add 2 tbsp of milk, for moisture, and beat for 1 additional minute.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, cut out a small circular cone from one cupcake at a time.
- Fill half of the cupcakes with a small ball of cookie dough and the other half with 1 or 2 frozen raspberries and 1/4 tbsp strawberry syrup.
- Tear off the tip of the cupcake cone and place tops back on each cupcake.
- Next, frost each cupcake, making sure to cover the knife marks.
- Decorate the cookie dough cupcakes with mini chocolate chips and another cookie dough ball.
- Decorate the raspberry cupcakes with 3 raspberries each and red sprinkles.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)