Yikes! Is it already Wednesday?! It looks like I am on Hawaiian time with my blog posts. This weekend/week has been packed with fun and work. For Easter, I got to go to the West side of the island to the gorgeous beaches. Since then, it has been work, work, work at Morimoto. Although I have to admit, I recently read an article about the Top 5 Regrets of the Dying. Number one? “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.” So, let this be a reminder to us all, sometimes calling in sick or volunteering to go home early is worth more than the $50 from your work hours. I know I won’t be letting work get me down any more while I am here in Hawaii.
So, even though we are all busy; be sure to make time for what you love. If you feel like you haven’t had any time to cook meals at home lately either, this is the perfect recipe for you. It can be made from mostly canned ingredients too, if you are struggling on the financial side like me =). Arroz con pollo literally means rice with chicken in Spanish; that is exactly what this dish is, but spiced up a bit. This dish is the perfect side with any Mexican meal, like these Chicken Spinach Enchiladas or these Chorizo & White Bean Enchiladas. If you are not in the mood for enchiladas, try browsing my other Mexican recipes here; there are PLENTY.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or fresh)
- 1 can sweet corn (or fresh)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- ½ lb shredded chicken
- Cook the rice according to package directions, but substitute the water with chicken stock.
- In a medium saucepan, saute ½ onion until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Once the rice is cooked, mix everything together until heated evenly through.
- Serve with refried beans, guacamole or any other Mexican favorite.
1 Year Ago: Creamy Garlic Seafood Soup