After over three months of not having a job, I forgot how hectic things can be with one. Sometimes it is hard to get motivation to cook a nice dinner after you have been working all day; I’m sure many of you are nodding your heads in agreement. BUT! Even when you have had a long day, you don’t necessarily have to sacrifice your dinner! This is a great recipe for those nights. It is quick, easy and looks like you tried harder than you have to!
Say goodbye to bland baked chicken breast. I want all you to see that you can easily dress up chicken, there is no need to eat a boring, dry chicken breast ever again! This specific recipe combines delicious Italian flavors with mozzarella cheese, spinach, roasted red peppers and basil. I chose to make my own sauce at home, but you can easily use a jar of white sauce or tomato sauce if you don’t want to spend the time making your own. If you are watching your diet, make this recipe with non-fat mozzarella and leave out the sauce or use tomato sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp basil (minced)
- 2 roasted red peppers (sliced)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup white sauce (or tomato if you would prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the chicken breasts on a foil-wrapped baking sheet.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and basil.
- Layer each breast with ½ cup spinach, ¼ cup mozzarella and roasted red pepper slices.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375F until cooked through (about 30 minutes).
- Place breasts on individual plates and drizzle with ¼ cup sauce each before serving. (Serve over pasta if desired.)