Every so often I reminisce of my childhood eating habits and laugh. I used to be the pickiest eater. I only liked fruit, meat, peas, corn and potatoes. I would never try things and was always skeptical. In the last two years, I have grown to like almost every food and now am always eager to try new things. One of my newest obsessions is hummus. I had hummus for the first time last spring, made it for the first time this fall and am now addicted.
So far my Lemon-Artichoke Hummus has been my favorite, but now I think this Green Olive Hummus might take the win. The olives add a lot of salt to the hummus. Eating this with salted pita chips can be a bit of a salt overload. This is best served with pita bread or in sandwiches.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1-2 tbsp tahini (to desired taste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp jalapeno (minced)
- ½ cup green olives (pitted) + a few extra to garnish
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil (or to desired consistency)
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Slowly add olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with extra olives and black pepper before serving.