For those of you who don’t know, I am currently in a small town in Southern Italy called Spongano. I am taking classes at a cooking school in a CASTLE! The weather has been great and the food has been delicious. I will be posting a couple of things about my trip soon, but for now I want to share this delicious gazpacho recipe that I made before I left.
I love the flavor combinations with goat cheese and peaches; add tomatoes and it really doesn’t get much better. This gazpacho is a bit sweeter because of the peaches and the addition of basil adds a bit of an earthy taste. This soup is great to serve with goat cheese grilled cheese sandwiches on a warm summer, or fall, day.
- 2 lb tomato (about 4 tomatoes, halved)
- 2 peaches (halved)
- 3 tbsp sherry vin
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic herb goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the tomato and peach halves on a baking sheet and roast until slightly tender (about 10-15 minutes). Peel the skin off each half.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the goat cheese in a blended and blend until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator, then sprinkle with goat cheese before serving.