Throwback Thursday: Beef Goulash
I have decided to start a new tradition- Throwback Thursday. Each Thursday I will re-post an old recipe from my Tumblr blog, until all of my recipes are finally listed on this site. This way you can find everything you need all on one site! This week’s throwback recipe is a Hungarian beef goulash that I made while in New Zealand last summer. Enjoy!
- 40 oz tender beef (cubed)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- ground black pepper
- 4 tbs chili sauce
- 3 cups beef stock
- 8 tbs tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Saute beef slightly in a large saute pan (3-4 minutes).
- Remove beef and cook veggies and herbs in the same pan with a splash of water (about 5 minutes).
- Combine the stock, tomato paste, and chili sauce and mix well.
- Add beef to pan and bring to a boil, then place in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 1.5-2 hours (remove lid for last half hour if sauce needs to thicken).