Cinnamon Apple Frangipane Tart
For Christmas this year, my Mom hadn’t planned on having a dessert. Since I am giving up excess processed sugars for my New Year’s resolution (no more sugary drinks or desserts… yikes!), I insisted that we have dessert on Christmas. We decided to go with a recipe that my Mom makes all of the time, the classic apple tart. This tart is easy to make and so delicious, definitely one to try!
Get the initial recipes for this tart:
Cinnamon-Apple Frangipane Tart
- 1/2 Basic Flaky Tart Crust 1 crust only
- 1 cup Frangipane
- 8 apples Braeburn, Royal Gala, or Empire are best, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line the pan with the dough for the crust.
- Gently spread the frangipane across the bottom of the tart crust.
- Starting at the outside, quarter apples and place in slightly overlapping concentric circles.
- Drizzle melted butter over the apples, then dust with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until crust is a deep golden brown and apples are cooked through (about 45 minutes to 1 hour). Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)