November 30, 2010
Servings: 2 loaves
- 3 cups rotten bananas mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- cinnamon sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease 2 metal loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine banana, eggs, yogurt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Divide batter between 2 loaf pans. (If desired, sprinkle top with cinnamon-sugar.)
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean (about 45-50 minutes)
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. If not serving immediately, wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freeze up to 6 months.
Note: If you want to make zucchini bread, just substitute the 3 cups of bananas for 3 cups shredded zucchini.
apple asian avocado baked basil beef bread breakfast cheese chicken cilantro dessert dinner easy fish garlic guest post happiness healthy inspirational italian lemon life lime mexican motivational onion pasta pork quick quote recipe red pepper rice salmon sauce seafood shrimp soup spicy spinach sweet tomato vegetarian zucchini