Basil & Roasted Tomato Turkey Burgers
November 30, 2010
Basil and Roasted Tomato Turkey Burgers
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or about 1+1/2 – 2 cups
- olive oil
- sea or kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 & 1/4 pounds ground Turkey
- 1 & 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- Basil sauce (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and add grape tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to massage the oil into the tomatoes. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes begin to ‘deflate’ and wrinkle up.
- Divide the ground Turkey evenly into 4 patties, make a small indent in the middle of each and season with oregano, garlic powder, parsley, & salt and pepper. Cook the burger in whatever way desired, topping each one with 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Top each bun with a burger, then a spoonful or two of basil sauce followed by roasted tomatoes and diced onion. Serve with additional basil sauce on the side for dipping.
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, rough chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- sea or kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients except salt and pepper, puree until creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
apple asian avocado baked basil beef bread breakfast cheese chicken cilantro dessert dinner easy fish garlic guest post happiness healthy inspirational italian lemon life lime mexican motivational onion pasta pork quick quote recipe red pepper rice salmon sauce seafood shrimp soup spicy spinach sweet tomato vegetarian zucchini