Butter Poached Lobster & Shrimp w/ Fresh Tomatoes & Basil
Jump to Recipe
For my weekly cooking lesson with my mom, I killed and cooked my first lobster! We decided to make two different recipes with our lobsters. This is the first recipe we made, a very quick and simple way to cook lobster with a ton of flavor.
Butter Poached Lobster and Shrimp w/ Fresh Tomatoes
This recipe is a very quick and simple way to cook lobster and/or shrimp with a ton of flavor.
5 from 1 vote
- 1 3/4 lb live lobster
- 6 raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup salted butter cut into 1 tbsp chunks
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tomatoes cut into large chunks
- 3 fresh basil leaves chiffonade
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, turn off heat, then add the lobster. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove all lobster meat from shell and cut into large chunks.
- In a sauce pan, bring 1 tbsp water to simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk in butter one piece at a time, letting each piece melt before adding the next. (Make sure the butter does NOT come to a boil, otherwise the butter will separate.)
- Add the lobster pieces, shrimp, basil, garlic, and tomatoes and cook on medium-high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
Calories: 450kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 6gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 29gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 518mgPotassium: 358mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2481IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)
appetizer asian asparagus avocado baked baking basil beef bread breakfast carrot cheese chicken cilantro dessert dinner easy fish garlic guest post healthy italian lemon lime mexican onion pasta pork potato quick recipe red pepper rice salmon sauce seafood shrimp soup spicy spinach sweet throwback thursday tomato vegetarian zucchini