Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Taco Salad w/ Cilantro Vinaigrette
You know those nights when you have an entire meal planned out in advanced, but when dinner time roles around you just don’t feel like eating that oh-so-exciting dish? Well, last night was one of those nights. As delicious as sun-dried tomato and feta stuffed chicken sounded, I just wasn’t in the mood for those flavors. I wanted spice and citrus. I decided to save that for another night. Instead, this is what I came up with.
The cilantro vinaigrette pulls this dish together. It adds a nice tangy flavor that is a great compliment to the spicy shrimp. Roasting the tomatoes gives them move flavor and juice, making this recipe even more delicious! I was planning on eating this with guacamole and salsa, but tasted it and realized it didn’t need any additions and was perfect as is.
Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Taco Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lb raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 limes
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 cup yellow onion (roughly chopped)
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or a Mexican blend)
- 2 cups of tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to broil. Place tomatoes in a small pan and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder and garlic powder and coat the shrimp. Note: Use more or less seasonings can be used to suit your own personal preference.
- Broil the tomatoes in the oven until shriveled (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a saute pan and cook the shrimp with the juice of 1/2 a lime (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Heat another tbsp of olive oil in another pan and cook onions, corn, and beans until heated through (about 3-5 minutes).
- Spread tortilla chips evenly among 4 plates or bowls and top with lettuce.
- Place shrimp, tomatoes, onion, corn, and beans over the lettuce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle cilantro vinaigrette over the dish and garnish with lime.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Appetizers (48)
- Bread (1)
- Breakfast (28)
- Dessert (41)
- Drinks (12)
- Fruit (35)
- Lunch (90)
- Main Course (179)
- Meat (108)
- Salad (12)
- Sauces (69)
- Seafood (56)
- Side Dishes (54)
- Snacks (37)
- Soup (29)
- Vegetables (105)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)
Looks and sounds great!
This looks fabulous with a whole bunch-o-healthy! I live in Florida and this is a perfect dish for down here. Thanks!
Great! This is a great dish for a warm place like Florida =) Or even here in a blizzard in Colorado!