Chorizo, Shrimp & Rice Stuffed Poblano Chiles
I recently entered this Ritz cracker recipe contest recently sponsored by Guy Fieri, which caused me to look through a bunch of his recipes for inspiration. I really love his recipes because they are always banger and packed with flavors. If you are not sure who Guy is, he is the punk-rock-looking, spiked hair guy from Diners, Dives, & Drive-Ins (as well as like ten other TV shows I feel like!).
This recipe is amazing because if combines the delicious flavors of chorizo and shrimp along with lots of cheese! I am a big fan of roasting peppers/chiles. It gives them an entirely different flavor. Roasted peppers and chiles also make the perfect dish for holding your delicious recipe ideas. I tweaked Guy’s original recipe a bit, but of all the stuffed pepper recipes I have made, I can safely say this one is my favorite. I highly recommend that you try it as well!
Chorizo, Shrimp and Rice Stuffed Poblano Chiles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb Mexican-style chorizo
- 1yellow onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (minced)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large poblano chiles
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled (chopped)
- 6 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F and heat the oil in a large skillet.
- In the skillet, sauté the chorizo, onion, jalepeno and garlic over medium heat until chorizo is cooked (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add the rice, corn, stock, wine and water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and let simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked (about 25-30 minutes).
- While the rice is cooking, place the chiles on a baking sheet and bake at 400F until soft (about 15 minutes).
- Once the chiles are soft, cut each in half, remove the seeds and ribs, and set aside.
- Once the rice is done, add the shrimp and tomatoes to the mixture, turn the heat to medium and sauté until shrimp is cooked (about 3-5 minutes).
- Stuff each chile with the rice mixture, top with cheddar and pepper-jack cheese, and place back into the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Broil until cheese begins to turn golden (about 3-5 minutes).
- Serve with guacamole.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Appetizers (48)
- Bread (1)
- Breakfast (28)
- Dessert (41)
- Drinks (12)
- Fruit (35)
- Lunch (90)
- Main Course (179)
- Meat (108)
- Salad (12)
- Sauces (69)
- Seafood (56)
- Side Dishes (54)
- Snacks (37)
- Soup (29)
- Vegetables (105)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)
I saw shrimp and ran over 🙂 it looks so good and yummy! Love the ingredients!
These look so good. SO good. I buzzed them!
That looks really awesome! Thank you for sharing this!
Looks fabulous! Guy is a little wacky but he makes some great stuff! I love Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
There are fewer things of greater beauty than a chili filled with stuff.
Stuffed veggies always look so fancy. Your filling sounds really good and the guacamole on the side is perfect.
Those look incredible. I’ve made something similar with chicken, but I love the shrimp chorizo combo!
These stuffed peppers sound so flavorful and look terrific! Good luck with the contest!
I need to try this! the more and more I see stuffed poblanos the more I say I need to try this! I love your stuffing! Being portuguese, I grew up with chorizo and am always looking for more way to use it! This is perfect! BUZZED!
Wow this meal looks amazing! I love all the flavors too. YUM!
Oh my goodness, I am going to need to make these ASAP!
This is definitely the recipe to try. And I feel the same way I love chorizo!
Thanks! If I make finals you guys can help me win by voting on Facebook for a week =)
Absolutely buzzworthy! Awesome idea! Creative and Delish! Thanks for This Post!
The smell of roasting peppers in one of the smells that has my husband running to the kitchen. I love this recipe, everything about it is delish! Thanks for sharing. (Also thank you for your comment on my photo tutorial. Glad you liked it:) )
I love stuffed peppers..they looks awesome, and photos are beautiful!
OH MAN this dish is basically everything I love about food. You have been buzzed!
haha I felt the same way! Thank you =)
I love shrimp and chorizo together! I love Poblanos! I love cheese! OMG, I love this dish! Thank you for publishing this! This is one I am saving ASAP! (If I can figure how to do that!)
this sounds outrageously delicious. i have a soft spot for spice and cheese and then you throw in shrimp and chorizo and i fell in love.
thanks for sharing 🙂
Same this dish has everything that I have a soft spot for… cheese, shrimp, chorizo and spicy food! haha
In the Mexican spirit…
New York finally found a place with decent traditional Mexican food for cheap. Perfect way to speak to the stomach and soothe the soul 🙂
Yum! I think, I will actually try making these this weekend! Wish me luck! 🙂
Good luck! =)