Dark Chocolate Energy Bars with Chia & Flax
If you are looking for a high-protein, high-calorie, high-energy recipe for your active lifestyle– these are the bars for you! The dark chocolate, raisins and maple syrup make sure they taste delicious, while the chia seeds, flax meal and hemp hearts provide a sustained energy. I used Sunbutter since Ben is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, but you can sub almond butter, peanut butter or any other nut butter of your choice.
If the bars seem too chewy, simply bake them slightly longer. This recipe by inspired by Ben’s love of Clif bars. I was originally looking to create a Clif bar copycat recipe, but it evolved into something even better!
Dark Chocolate & Raisin Energy Bars with Chia & Flax
- 36 Pitted Dates
- 1 C Maple Syrup
- 1/2 C Sun Butter
- 1/4 C Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 C Water
- 3.3 oz Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 C Flax Meal
- 2 T Hemp Hearts
- 3/4 C Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 T Chia Seeds
- 3 C Quick Oats
- 3/4 C Raisins
- 2 T Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all ingredients through hemp hearts.
- Blend until smooth. (A stick blender works best for this, or a food processor)
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips, chia seeds, oats and raisins.
- Oil a 1/4 sheet pan with 2 T coconut oil.
- Evenly spread the batter across the sheet pan.
- Bake until slightly firm and edges begin to darken, about 20 minutes.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)