Honolulu was the place to be this weekend. With the Pro Bowl coming into town, everything was buzzing. Friday night, I worked a buy out at Morimoto that was hosted by the NFL! Dave Mathews from DMB was even there! Even though I was in the kitchen all night, I felt very cool and important. In the spirit of football and the super bowl, I have a Super Bowl party recipe for you today.
With the Super Bowl right around the corner, I thought you might want a nice finger food to serve at your party. Deviled eggs are perfect for that! No need to worry about spilled dip on shirts or your furniture, just bite-sized deliciousness. I originally got this recipe from my mom’s blog, but I even made my version of these a bit healthier by using low-fat mayo and milk, but we don’t need to tell the guys that, right? =)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder optional
- 1 tsp low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Hard boil your eggs in boiling water (about 12 minutes), then cool in ice water.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half (long ways).
- Remove the yolks and reserve in a small bowl.
- Add the mayo, dijon, salt, pepper, curry and milk and whip until smooth.
- Fill each egg half with some of the yolk mixture.
- Top with paprika and chives to serve.
One Year Ago: Mahi Mahi & Creamy Polenta w/ Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette (LOVE THIS ONE!!!)
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (336)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)