Indian Meatballs w/ Curried Vegetables
I came across a recipe for Indian Meatballs while I was in New Zealand last summer, but never got around to making them. This week I decided to add to the recipe I found to make this dish. This dish is not very spicy because the coconut milk tones down the curry, but can be made spicier with Siracha if you desire. This took me a bit longer than I expected… I never realized that making meatballs was such a hassle!
Indian Meatballs with Curried Vegetables
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (8-9 oz) packet frozen spinach
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 jar curry paste (green or red)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- In a medium bowl, mix thawed spinach, ground chicken, and egg.
- Roll into small balls and coat with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the balls.
- Remove the balls for the pan and cook the curry paste for about 2 minutes, then stir in the coconut milk and chicken stock. Mix well.
- All the balls back into the sauce mixture, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the mixture, stir, and let simmer for 10 additional minutes.
- Serve over rice.