Scallion Pancake “Tacos” with Hoisin Pulled Pork & Quick-Pickled Carrots
Tacos are always a crowd-pleaser, but these Asian-inspired Scallion Pancake Tacos take things up a notch. The scallion pancakes add a deliciously soft, yet crunchy texture to the tacos, and the hoisin pulled pork is SO good. Plus, the quick-pickled carrots add a beautiful pop of color and brightness to the dish. These scallion pancake tacos are perfect for a party or for any casual gathering!
What are Scallion Pancakes?
Scallion pancakes are a type of pancake that is popular in Asia and the Pacific Islands. Usually a Dum Sum favorite, they are pan-fried on both sides until crispy brown around the edges while remaining light inside. Get our easy scallion pancake recipe here!
Why You Should Be Using Hoisin Sauce More Often
Hoisin sauce is a thick, dark, pungent sauce made from soybeans, garlic, sugar, vinegar and various spices. It’s a key ingredient in Chinese cuisine and is used as both a condiment and a marinade.
The flavor of hoisin sauce is complex and unique. It has a sweet and tangy taste with hints of garlic, chili pepper, onion and ginger. It’s often used to add flavor to dishes such as stir-fries, noodles and rice dishes and is absolutely delicious!
How to Make Quick Pickled Carrots
Quick pickled carrots are carrots that have been soaked in vinegar and spices for a short period of time. They taste like…carrots! But with a little bit of zing from the vinegar and spices.
They’re a great way to add some crunch and bright flavor to a recipe, or even to just munch on as a snack. And they’re really easy to make – just chop up some carrots, mix them with hot vinegar and spices, let them sit for a few minutes, and you’re good to go!
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- In a non-reactive saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and coriander seeds.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the carrots in a glass jar or container. Make sure all of the carrots are covered by the liquid mixture.
- Let marinate at room temp for 30 minutes before adding the lid and refrigerating.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Asian-inspired scallion pancake tacos. The tacos are flavor-packed and easy to assemble. If you’d like more Asian-inspired recipes, be sure to browse our recipe tags!
Scallion Pancakes w/ Hoisin Pulled Pork & Pickled Carrots
- 4 scallion pancakes see recipe link in post
- 1 1/3 cup pulled pork
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 cup pickled carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage shredded
- Heat pulled pork with Hoisin sauce.
- Cook scallion pancakes according to recipe.
- Toss pickled carrots and shredded cabbage together in a medium bowl.
- To serve, top one scallion pancake with 1/3 cup pulled pork and top with carrot mixture.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Appetizers (48)
- Bread (1)
- Breakfast (28)
- Dessert (41)
- Drinks (12)
- Fruit (35)
- Lunch (90)
- Main Course (179)
- Meat (108)
- Salad (12)
- Sauces (69)
- Seafood (56)
- Side Dishes (54)
- Snacks (37)
- Soup (29)
- Vegetables (105)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)
Leave a Reply