Skinny Avocado Egg Salad
If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious and quick lunch option, look no further than this Skinny Avocado Egg Salad! This easy egg salad is packed with protein and healthy fats (but no mayo!) and can be whipped up in just minutes. So go ahead and add it to your lunch rotation – you won’t regret it!
A Healthier Egg Salad Recipe
If you are trying to eat healthier or just looking for a lighter egg salad recipe, subbing out with avocados is the perfect choice. Avocado is a good source of fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin E and B6. It also contains monounsaturated fats (the good kind of fat), which can lower cholesterol levels and may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Avocados are also a good source of lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants that help protect your eyes from damage caused by UV light.
Yes, eggs ARE healthy!
In moderation, they can provide you with important nutrients like protein and vitamin D. One large egg contains six grams of protein and ten percent of your daily recommended intake of vitamin D. Eggs also contain choline, a nutrient that’s important for brain health. Choline helps to protect the cells in your brain and keeps them functioning properly.
Eggs are a great source of protein, and they’re low in calories and cholesterol. They also contain important nutrients like vitamin D, B12, and choline. You can use this egg salad for sandwiches, wraps, pita pockets, or on top of a bed of greens. It’s also great scooped with fresh vegetables or whole-grain crackers – or even all by itself!
Skinny Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo Recipe!)
- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 small avocados pitted and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the hard boiled eggs, avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder, green onion, and mustard.
- Mash and whisk with a fork until desired consistency is reached – for a chunkier egg salad chop the eggs larger, for a smoother egg salad chop them finely. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve up as an avocado egg salad sandwich or wrap – or dip with crackers or veggies. This recipe is best made fresh!
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (336)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)