Sorry in advance for such a short post. I am trying to keep up with providing you all with tasty recipes while also trying to live life to the fullest for my 8 months in Hawaii. I know you are all awesome, so I am sure you understand. I am writing this post at 12:15 AM before heading to bed so that I can wake up at 5:30 to head to the North Shore to watch the sunrise and surfing before I go into work again tomorrow afternoon. =)
To go with this rushed post, I give you the perfect food for when you are in a rush. You can make the chili ahead and freeze it, then make this dish anytime you are in a hurry or don’t feel like making an extravagant dinner. Oh and did I mention it is the most delicious meal ever? OK, good.
- 1 can chilli beans (in sauce)
- 1 can tomatoes (in juice)
- ½ can corn (drained)
- ½ onion
- ½ cup mixed bell peppers
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 10 oz hot Italian sausage
- 1 box Mac 'N' Cheese (I like the shells!)
- green onions
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except the mac 'n' cheese and green onions.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the box directions.
- To serve, spoon mac 'n' cheese into bowls, add chili, and garnish with green onions.
1 Year Ago: Inside-Out Onion Ring Sliders w/ Adobo BBQ Sauce