Easy Chicken & Dumplings
When I think of homestyle cooking, I usually think of some sort of chicken, carrot and pea dish. Either chicken noodle soup, chicken pot pies or, in this case, chicken and dumplings. You can really use whichever combination of vegetables and meat you want for a recipe like this. I chose these specific ones because I was moving out of my house and needed to use up the things in my fridge.
Rather than spending the time to make my own dumplings, I just bought some dough from the grocery store to top off the dish. This makes this recipe great for a busy weeknight; or if you are in the process of moving like I was. What’s even better? The leftovers are just as good the next day!
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 lbs shredded chicken cooked
- 3 oz green peas
- 3 oz carrots chopped
- 4 oz broccoli chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 10.5 oz can condensed cream of chicken (or celery) soup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tube biscuits such as Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Combine chicken, vegetables, soup, water, salt and pepper in a in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake at 400F until bubbling (about 30 minutes).
- With 15 minutes left, place biscuits on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400F for the remaining 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the casserole with cheese and top with biscuits to serve.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (336)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)