Featured Foodie Friday: My Naturally Frugal Family
I don’t know about you, but here in Colorado it has been snowy, snowy, snowy. This past Tuesday was in the negatives in Boulder! With winter in full effect, I find myself constantly wanting soup. If this is how you feel as well, you are in luck! This week we have Rachel from My Naturally Frugal Family guest posting with us. She has a delicious, simple soup that you can whip up quickly for those cold nights. With that, please welcome Rachel:
Vegetable Noodle Soup from My Naturally Frugal Family
Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 8 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 leek
- 1 cup white mushrooms chopped
- 6-8 baby portabella mushrooms chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- pinch dried basil
- 2 pinches thyme
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti or rice
- In a skillet saute, with Earth Balance (or butter if not preparing vegan), the garlic, onion, celery, carrots, and leek (until tender). Be sure to season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add both varieties of mushrooms and continue to saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to your pot of broth and heat through.
- Season with your paprika, garlic salt, black pepper, basil, and thyme.
- To the finished broth add 1 cup of cooked spaghetti (or rice) chopped into bite sized pieces.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)