Smashed Potatoes w/ Goat Cheese & Parsley
I have recently gotten hooked on a new food addiction- goat cheese. I have always loved cheese, but never had tried goat cheese until a few weeks ago on a boat in Cape Town. Many thanks to the guys who bought the large assortment of cheeses for the party. Many people do not like goat cheese, probably because of the funky kick it has compared to other cheeses. For me, that is what makes me love it! I have given into the prices and decided to suck it up and buy good cheese. It really does make such a difference when you have fresh real cheese.
This recipe is one of my favorite new recipes. We all love cheesy mashed potatoes right? Well dish this is the mature, more sophisticated cousin of the delicious cheesy potatoes. The goats cheese gives the potatoes a funky (in a good way) kick. The presentation of the potatoes looks very elegant as well, not to mention will make your guests think you put in way more effort than you really have to! Even if you think you don’t like goat’s cheese, I suggest you try this recipe because I have had multiple people who say they don’t like goats cheese try these potatoes and love them!
Smashed Potatoes w/ Goat's Cheese & Parsley
- 2 lb small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup light butter
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 8 oz about 1 cup soft goat's cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Boil a large pot of water, add the potatoes and let cook until very soft (about 30 minutes).
- Drain the water and roughly smash the potatoes together with the butter, salt and pepper.
- Chop the goat's cheese into small cubes then toss into the smashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.