Now that I have my easy flatbread recipe, I have been experimenting with its multiple uses. I am a big fan of breads for breakfast, so I decided to make a breakfast pizza with the flatbread. Beware, these pizzas are very filling, I only ate half and saved the other half for breakfast the next day!
I piled the dough with an assortment of veggies and bacon, baked them, then topped it with two eggs to finish baking. The egg yolks worked perfectly as a sauce and made the pizza so delicious! You have to be careful when baking eggs that you don’t over-bake them though, otherwise you will have eggs with a plastic-like coating over the top of them that is practically inedible.
- 2 raw flatbreads 1/2 of my previous flatbread recipe
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 lb asparagus cut into segments
- 1/4 yellow onion sliced
- 1/4 lb bacon cooked
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F. Lay each flatbread on a greased baking sheet.
- Layer each bread with spinach, asparagus, onion, bacon and basil. Bake until slightly golden around the edges (about 5-8 minutes).
- Pull breads from the oven, sprinkle with cheese and crack two eggs over each.
- Return the bread to the oven until eggs are cooked, but still with soft yolks (about 5 minutes).
- Garnish with green onions, salt and pepper before serving.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)