Mahi Mahi Tostada w/ Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
I love reading food blogs; I find myself constantly reading through recipes during my free time. I think that is great to find recipes from other people, rather than a recipe website, because it gives life to the recipe and usually puts a story with each dish. I especially love trying recipes from my Mom’s food blog, Cooking With Michele. It is fun to chat about our posts and new recipes; our cooking has brought us much closer throughout the past year and I love it. With that said, here is my tweaked version of my Mom’s Mahi Mahi Tostada recipe.
- 2 (6 oz) filets of mahi mahi
- 2 limes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tortillas (whole wheat for a healthier dish)
- shredded purple cabbage
- a handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
- Roasted Red Pepper Aioli (light mayo for a healthier Aioli)
- minced chives (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the fish in a greased ovenproof dish and squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lime over each, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake at 35oF until cooked through (about 20 minutes, depending on thickness of your fish).
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking the fish, place the tortillas on a baking sheet and bake until crisp.
- To serve, place 1 tortilla on a dinner place and top with shredded cabbage and spinach. Next, place chunks of the cooked fish on top, drizzle with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli sauce and sprinkle with chives. Garnish each with lime slices if desired.
- Culinary 101 (8)
- Guest Posts (24)
- Quotes (1)
- Recipes (338)
- Restaurants (18)
- Travel (15)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Updates (12)